RbxNet is a networking library for Roblox, built in TypeScript. It simplifies the creation and management of networking in Roblox.
- Creation and usage of remotes through "identifiers". Management of the remotes themselves are done by Net itself.
- More explicit, contextual APIs.
Net.Serverfor server-based API, and
Net.Clientfor client-based API.
- Ability for remote definitions through
- Asynchronous functions -
Net.*.AsyncFunction. No more pitfalls of regular remote functions.
- Asynchronous callbacks and methods: because it's a roblox-ts library, it supports promises.
- Middleware - Ability to add your own custom behaviours to remotes. Net comes with a runtime type checker, and a rate limiter middleware.
Net.*.GameMessagingEvent- interact with
MessagingServicelike you would with regular remote events. Cross-server communication with the simple API. All the limitations are handled by Net.